Points of Pride
We are proud of our students, staff and community. Our students' accomplishments go far beyond learning to read, write and take tests. Our students are preparing to take their place in the world and it all starts with their experiences in our community and in this school district.
Below are examples of some of the items we take great pride in and have received recognition for over the past few years.
- UCF has been consistently recognized as one of the top ten districts in the state by US News & World Report since 2010.
- "The Street.com" ranked UCF as one of the top 20 school districts in the country More details.
|Leah Reider, Director of Special Education, and Shannon Brown, Supervisor of Special Education, presented on U-PRISE at the 2017 Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Annual Conference|
- Unionville High School was ranked the top school in the state in 2017 by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- UCF earned District of Distinction Honors for its " Unionville Parent Resources and Information for Special Education" (U-PRISE) program. This community/family partnership program provides families of students with disabilities education, resources, and enhanced partnerships with the district and community.
- In 2016 Unionville High School was ranked number one in the state, receiving the top score in the Pennsylvania Education Department's School Performance Profile.
- UHS Field Hockey player Erin Matson was selected for the USA U19 Junior National Team's Tour to Belgium.
- Over 55 UHS student-athletes were named to all-league teams for the fall 2015 season.
- The UHS Band was named the Grand Champs at the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl. They placed 1st in their class sweeping all categories and went on to win 1st place as overall band & Grand Champion. The Band earned the right to play at the Gator Bowl pregame festivities and brought home a $10,000 1st place prize.
- The Washington Post ranked Unionville High School the 11th most rigorous in the State of Pennsylvania based on its AP program.
- Suburban Life Magazine rated Unionville High School as the top suburban high school in the Philadelphia region.
- The UHS Marching Band was awarded best in class at Rose Bowl Tournament.
- Scott Litzenberg, UHS Marching Band Director was inducted into the Cavalcade of Bands Hall of Fame.
- The US Department of Education awarded Patton Middle School its National Green Ribbon Award (for STEM, Sustainability, and Environmental Education).
- Patton Middle School was awarded National School Boards Association - Magna Award for Innovation in Education.
- Eighth grade students at CF Patton Middle School have raised more than $4,800 to build a well for a school in Uganda and a hand washing station and water filtration system for a school in the Dominican Republic. Funds were raised via a ‘Walk for Water’ 5k (the average distance people residing in developing countries have to walk for fresh water) and program partnership with the national H20 for Life charity.
- The Patton Middle School Tech Ed Department received the ITEEA Program of Excellence Award in recognition of their STEM program.
- Patton student, Nikolas Toocheck won the Prudential Spirit of Community Award, completing marathons on seven continents to raise money for Operation Warm - sets world record in the process. To date, Nikolas’s “Running the World for Children” campaign has provided brand new winter coats to over 2,000 children in need, raising more than $40,000.
- The US Department of Education has named Pocopson Elementary and Chadds Ford Elementary schools as Blue Ribbon Schools.
- Quinn Hennessy, 4th grade student, published her own book Thyme at the end of the 14-15 school year.
- Chadds Ford Elementary recently re-branded and created a vision statement. A community focused on educating every child, while respecting tradition and embracing innovation.
- Chadds Ford Elementary staff have embraced a growth mindset! Dedication, perseverance, resilience, and grit are avenues to success!
- Chadds Ford Elementary School added 6x the amount of accessible technology in the last year and a half! Our digital natives are right at home!
- Hillendale Elementary School was ranked the #1 elementary school and Patton Middle School the #3 middle school in the state of Pennsylvania by SchoolDigger.
- Hillendale Elementary and the Hillendale Trail have led to the creation of an interactive environmental program at Craig's Mill Run. Hillendale is making its mark as a leader in environmental science.
- Hillendale 5th grader Ashley Wilson and Patton 6th grader Chirag Choudhary won an essay contest run by the Chester County Chapter of the Daughters of American Revolution.
- All Unionville Elementary first graders in RTll (Response to Intervention & Instruction) met or exceeded DIBELS benchmark by the end of the year.
- All Unionville Elementary students participate in a "Peer Buddy Program", pairing older and younger students together for a variety of learning activities throughout the school year.
- The combined Unionville Elementary and Pocopson Elementary Chorus performed at the annual Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade.