Strategic planning is a hallmark of the Unionville-Chadds Ford School District approach to good stewardship and excellence in education.
It all starts with identifying student needs for success in life - engaging the community with the Board and Administration in and effort to responsibly meet student needs through curriculum, staffing, infrastructure and all other necessary supports.
Areas of Focus
- Annual Goals - The Board, working with the Administration, establishes annual goals
- Comprehensive Plan - A state mandated process, primarily focused on the curricular needs of students.
- Curriculum Cycle - A UCFSD process of evaluating each area of curriculum on a 5 year cycle.
- Class Size - School Staffing Standards - These administrative guidelines are in the UCFSD Policy Manual (Policy 126).
- Comprehensive Counseling Program - Also a state mandated process, primarily focused on the academic, career, and personal/social development needs of our students.
- Long Range Facilities Plan - This plan has also sometimes been referred to as the 10 year capital plan. The plan focuses on facilities (buildings and grounds) needs to support the district's program.
- Special Education Plan - A state mandated process/report focused on students with special needs.
- Technology Plan - This departmental plan provides a roadmap of initiatives and investments to meet the technology needs of students and staff.
- Wellness Plan - A UCFSD initiative designed to partner UCFSD with parents and the community to research, identify, and implement best practices that promote and support student health and wellness.