Things to Do
Have a resource you would like to share on this list? Send it to us!
LEARN | Educational Activities
- PBS Kids Learn & Grow: Whether it’s learning empathy, honesty and self-confidence, or reading, music and problem solving, there are opportunities and challenges at every age. Help them thrive at every stage with tips and activities for ages 2 to 8.
- Cooking with Kids: How-to videos in English and Spanish, recipes, and tips can help bring children into the kitchen to participate in making meals.
- TrueFlix: Are your kids fascinated by extreme weather or crazy about reptiles? Want to know more about your state or outer space? Start watching, reading, and exploring today with TrueFlix!
- ScienceFlix: From the weather to our cell phones, science is all around us! Have your kids watch, read, and explore hundreds of science topics today with ScienceFlix!
- Dav Pilkey at Home: Join Scholastic and the Library of Congress for Dav Pilkey At Home. Together you can get creative and have fun with some of your favorite characters from Dog Man and Captain Underpants. Discover new activities, videos, read-alouds, and so much more!
- Storyboard That : Create your own digital storyboard
- ABCya.com : Literacy Games for PreK through 6th Grade +
- Khan Academy
- Math Playground: Give your brain a workout with these free math games!
- Brandywine at Home : Art and nature highlights including virtual gallery talks, Votes for Women Tour, Virtual Nature walks, color the collection with printable coloring sheets and crafts including a DIY Market Dyed Fabric.
- Scholastic Home Base: (For grades 3-6) A safe and fun digital community for kids where kids can explore islands based on their favorite book series. Kids will love the trivia games, live chats with authors and more!
- After-The-Bell Virtual Activities : NEW! Currently have approximately 30 activities available on our website that are interactive, educational, and really fun! Perhaps you would like to learn how to make Churros, or explore the science behind roller coasters, or plan an outdoor workout/nature exploration with your family, or build your own solar-powered car. All of these opportunities, and many more, are now available to any interested students.
TRAVEL | Virtual Tours and Trips
- Google Arts & Culture: Learn something new & tour the finest art museums with Google Street View!
- Virtual Field Trip to the San Diego Zoo
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Your Kids
Virtual Museum Tours: Top museums around the world are offering online tours and exhibits.
EXERCISE | Wellness Activities & Resources
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation designed specially for kids aged 3+.
- Fitness & Yoga Classes from Philadelphia Gyms
Benefits kids’ physical wellness, academic success, and social-emotional health
YMCA of Greater Brandywine: Access exercise programs and family programming
- Free Fitness Videos on YouTube
- GoNoodle® - Movement and Mindfulness Videos:
LISTEN | Podcasts for Kids
- History Chicks: Hosted by two moms, each of their hour-long episodes tells the story of a famous woman from history.
- Brains On!: Encouraging kids' natural curiosity and wonder using science and history, Brains On! helps to find answers to fascinating questions about the world.
- The Past and the Curious: Bite-sized episodes share true stories of inspiration, humor, and the incredible achievements of all types of people.
- The Punies by Kobe Bryant: Featuring an eclectic group of neighborhood friends known as The Good Ol' Gang, each episode shares important life lessons on how to play with joy and limitless imagination, the way sports should be played.
- Ear Snacks: A musical podcast that considers music, science, art, and culture in a fun-filled family-friendly way.
- Wow in the World: A show from NPR that explores fun and fascinating topics in the world of science and technology.
WATCH | Educational Videos
- Liberty's Kids: A narrative account of the American Revolution, spread over 40 episodes.
- Crash Course Kids: Short videos that explore the world of science, with new videos every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Mark Rober: A former NASA engineer who comes up with fun and engaging ways to explore science and engineering.
- PBS Video Library: PBS has curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more!
- Educational Shows on Disney+
- Educational Shows on Netflix
ADDITIONAL | Parent Tips, Printable Activities, & More!
- Raising Wonder: Free art lessons, printable activities, stories, and more.
- Scholastic Magazines: Scholastic Learn at Home provides day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking and growing
- Scholastic Resources for Parents: Includes tips, math answer keys, free teachable worksheets and activities (Pre-K–8), and more!
Service Above Self
Create a Letter for the Residents at Pocopson Home: "What would most benefit our residents at this time would be for them to know that they are remembered and cared for by their community with "thinking of you" cards, pictures by children (the residents LOVE pictures by children!), positive expressions of "being in this together", and notes of validation and support.” Pocopson Home wants to be able to hand these missives out to residents individually. You can mail your letters to Pocopson Home, 1695 Lenape Road, West Chester, PA 19382.
Additional Service Activities:
• United Way of Southern Chester County
• The Southern Chester County Opportunity Network
These videos are various wellness activities that are occurring throughout the District, that our UCF families can access during their free time at home.
View all the videos in the Wellness Activity Series on our YouTube channel!