The UCF Communications Office seeks to engage students, staff, parents and all stakeholders in support of student achievement. Community engagement through two way communications between stakeholders and policy makers will lead to improved student outcomes.
We support students and staff through a strategic, integrated approach to service, communications, marketing and community outreach.
The office is responsible for:
- Developing strategic communications plan
- Seeking input and listening to the voice of the community through programs such as Community Conversations, Key Communicators and other topic specific committees (ex. Wellness Council, Curriculum Council, etc.)
- Promoting school and District activities to the community
- Working with administrators to provide timely, clear, consistent and transparent communications
- Developing, coordinating, and publicizing special events
- Fostering greater engagement between the Board and the community
- Working closely with the PTO, Education Foundation, Alumni and booster organization to develop, enhance and promote student activities
- Coordinating and producing District publications
- Managing the District website
- Coordinating and overseeing public and media relations