Recipe of the Month
Banana Pumpkin Bread
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pie spice and cinnamon, stir into the banana mixture until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips if desired. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow bread to sit and cool before slicing.
- Top with peanut butter for a sweet, protein packed snack!
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons