Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
What documents are required for enrollment?
Child’s Proof of Age - one of the following: Birth certificate, Notarized copy of birth certificate, Baptismal certificate, Copy of the record of baptism, notarized or duly certified and showing date of birth, Notarized statement from the parents/guardians or relative indicating date of birth, Valid passport, Prior school record indicating date of birth
- Proof of Residency - one of the following documents is required: (a)Property Deed, (b)Mortgage Statement, (c)Settlement Statement, (d)Current Lease, or (e)Letter from employer evidencing employer provided housing
AND one of the following: (a)Driver’s License, (b)Government Issued ID, (c)Vehicle Registration Card, (d)Utility Activation or Current Billing Statement, (e)Current Credit Card Statement, or (f)Property Tax Bill
- Child’s immunization record
- Completed New Student Enrollment Packet
- Completed Online Enrollment Form
In addition, the following, if applicable, should be provided to the Registrar via email:
- Custody Agreement
- Special Education, Gifted or 504 Documents
- Most recent report card
- Please call our Registrar at 610-347-0970 x 3300 to make an alternative arrangements.
- Due to the COVID-19 closure of all Pennsylvania Schools for the 2019-2020 school year, the enrollment process is now entirely ONLINE. There will be no in-person appointments until further notice.
- New Student enrollments are processed at the UCFSD District Office, located on the right hand side of the Unionville High School at 740 Unionville Road Kennett Square, PA 19348. Please contact our Registrar if you need directions or are unsure of where to go.
- Your child must have obtained the age of five (5) years on or before September 1st to enter Kindergarten.
- No, the district has two sessions of Kindergarten
- AM Kindergarten 9:10AM-11:45AM
- PM Kindergarten 1:05PM-3:40PM
- Building principals determine placements for all students, including Kindergartners. In making AM/PM placement decisions, principals must weigh transportation efficiencies, class sizes and other factors to ensure a balanced learning environment. Families with special circumstances should provide this information to the building principal as soon as possible. Families are contacted in early July with their child’s AM or PM assignment.
- No, the district does not offer midday busing.
- Yes, UCFSD offers in-house child care for half-day Kindergarten students, as well as before/after school care for grades 1 thru 5, provided by the Kennett YMCA. These classes fill up quickly and are offered on a first come first serve basis. You can contact the YMCA at 610-444-9622.
I am moving into the district and we have not yet completed the purchase of our home. Can I still enroll my child/ren?
- Yes. However, you will need to pay monthly tuition to the district until such time that you can provide settlement documents to our Registrar. Current tuition rates are determined by our Business Office and are subject to change.