Top Bar


Enrollment FAQ

Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

I do not have internet or computer access. What should I do?

  • Please call our District Registrar at 610­-347­-0970 x 3300 to make an alternative arrangements.

Where is the enrollment office?

  • Our enrollment process is done completely online. If you need assistance, or access to technology to complete your child's enrollment, please contact our District Registrar for accommodations.
  • New student enrollments are processed at the UCFSD District Office, located on the right hand side of the Unionville High School at 740 Unionville Road Kennett Square, PA 19348. Please contact our District Registrar if you need directions or are unsure of where to go.

What are the age requirements for entering Kindergarten?

  • Your child must have obtained the age of five (5) years on or before September 1st to enter Kindergarten.

Does UCFSD offer a full day Kindergarten program?

  • No, the district has two sessions of Kindergarten
    • AM Kindergarten 9:10AM­-11:45AM
    • PM Kindergarten 1:05PM-­3:40PM

How are AM and PM Kindergarten placements decided?

  • Building principals determine placements for all students, including Kindergartners. In making AM/PM placement decisions, principals must weigh transportation efficiencies, class sizes and other factors to ensure a balanced learning environment. Families with special circumstances should provide this information to the building principal as soon as possible. Families are contacted in early July with their child’s AM or PM assignment.

Does the district provide mid­day busing for Kindergarten students?

  • No, the district does not offer mid­day busing.

When and how do I receive transportation information?

  • Your child's transportation assignment for the upcoming school year is sent in mid-August via email to the parent email addresses on file.
  • When enrolling your child during the school year, please allow up to 5 days for your child's transportation assignment.
  • More information can be found on the Transportation Page

Does the district offer before/after school child care for students?

  • Yes, UCFSD offers in-house child care for half-day Kindergarten students, as well as before/after school care for grades 1 thru 5, provided by the Kennett YMCA. These classes fill up quickly and are offered on a first come first serve basis. You can contact the YMCA at 610-444-9622.