Unionville - Parent Resources & Information for Special Education
A place for parents/guardians of students with special needs to share ideas and information, discuss programs, network with other parents and community resources, collaborate with administrators, ask questions, seek advice, and learn more about special education processes.
- Goal: To provide families of students with disabilities education, resources, and enhanced partnerships with the school district and the community.
- Mission: To serve as a voice for students with disabilities and their families in order to promote positive outcomes for UCFSD students.
U-PRISE 2018-19 Meeting Dates
All meetings are from 6-7:30pm in District Office Public Meeting Room #14
- September 13th, 2018- Anxiety and Mental Health (RSVP HERE)
- January 10th, 2019- 3rd Annual Community Resources Fair
- May 9th, 2019- Self-Advocacy
*May 9th is also the Advisory Committee Meeting from 4:30-5:30pm.
News & Events
Leah Reider, Director of Pupil Services, and Shannon Brown, Supervisor of Special Education, presented on U-PRISE at the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Annual Conference Poster Session on March 9, 2017.
U-PRISE Receives National Recognition in District Administration magazine!
(see pages 22 & 27)
KIDS Newspaper- Sponsored by the Chester County Intermediate Unit and Chester County's Public Schools