Unionville - Parent Resources & Information for Special Education
A place for parents/guardians of students with special needs to share ideas and information, discuss programs, network with other parents and community resources, collaborate with administrators, ask questions, seek advice, and learn more about special education processes.
- Goal: To provide families of students with disabilities education, resources, and enhanced partnerships with the school district and the community.
- Mission: To serve as a voice for students with disabilities and their families in order to promote positive outcomes for UCFSD students.
U-PRISE meetings for the 2020-21 School Year are currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back for updates regarding future meetings.
U-PRISE 2019-20 Meeting Dates
All meetings are from 6-7:30pm in District Office Public Meeting Room #14
- 9/18: Special Needs Trusts, Guardianship, and Powers of Attorney with Herr, Potts, and Potts Law Firm
- 11/20: Community Safety Meet & Greet
- 1/22: Community Resources Fair
3/18: Driving and Employment for Secondary Special Education Students **POSTPONED**
U-PRISE in the News
Leah Reider, Director of Pupil Services, and Shannon Brown, Supervisor of Special Education, presented on U-PRISE at the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Annual Conference Poster Session on March 9, 2017.
U-PRISE Receives National Recognition in District Administration magazine!
(see pages 22 & 27)
KIDS Newspaper- Sponsored by the Chester County Intermediate Unit and Chester County's Public Schools