Unionville - Parent Resources & Information for Special Education
A place for parents/guardians of students with special needs to share ideas and information, discuss programs, network with other parents and community resources, collaborate with administrators, ask questions, seek advice, and learn more about special education processes.
- Goal: To provide families of students with disabilities education, resources, and enhanced partnerships with the school district and the community.
- Mission: To serve as a voice for students with disabilities and their families in order to promote positive outcomes for UCFSD students.
U-PRISE 2017-18 Meeting Dates
All meetings are from 6-7:30pm in District Office Public Meeting Room #14
- September 13th- Understanding Special Education Processes
- October 11th- Talking to Your Children About Their Learning Differences
- November 9th- Gifted Supports and Services
- December 14th- Social Media Safety
- January 11th- The Parents' Role in the IEP Meeting
- February 8th- Wellness, Health, & Fitness
- March 8th- Community Resources Fair
- April 5th- Jaden's Voice Talks About Autism
News & Events
Leah Reider, Director of Special Education, and Shannon Brown, Supervisor of Special Education, presented on
U-PRISE at the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Annual Conference Poster Session on March 9, 2017.
U-PRISE Receives National Recognition in District Administration magazine!
(see pages 22 & 27)
KIDS Newspaper- Sponsored by the Chester County Intermediate Unit and Chester County's Public Schools