Dear UCF Community,
I am glad that today's weather ended up being a non-issue for us. Rapid Radar Rudy was keeping an eye on things this morning, but quickly went back to bed when he noticed there was nothing to fear.
Over the weekend, we met with Dr. Sulieman who presented her weekly analysis of the COVID-19 metrics. Click here to see the report. Important key takeaways include:
- Chester County positivity rates have decreased from 10.1% to 8.4%;
- Chester County has seen a weekly decrease in incidence rate per 100,000 from 263.8 to 203.8;
- Projected incidence rates per 100,000 - in the next month - show a steady decline in Chester County cases;
- The UCF community had a decrease from 48 to 31;
- UCF has seen 64 cases (students and staff) this year with 24 over the past four weeks;
- Vaccine administration for priority group 1A in Chester County continues with the addition of individuals >65 - we are still awaiting direction from the CCHD on hosting a vaccination clinic at UCFSD for the next priority group 1B which includes Educators/Education Staff.
This is the second week in a row that we have seen decreasing numbers - this is a good sign. Projections indicate a steady decline as vaccinations are slowly rolled out in Chester County and we look ahead to the warmer weather in the spring - we are encouraged.
We are monitoring our case levels each week - keeping in mind the PA Department of Health mandates regarding school closures due to COVID-19. We saw the impact of this mandate just last week with our required closure of Hillendale and their return to the building yesterday.
It really is great to see all of our students back in school in hybrid mode. Our COVID Task Force recently met to discuss how we can move forward and bring more kids to school on a more regular basis - when it is safe to do so. I assure you this is a major focus for us and we are working on this now and looking at several options.
We appreciate your confidence and understanding as we continue to evaluate current conditions and look ahead to future solutions.