Environmental health encourages living in harmony with the natural world and understanding the impact of your interaction with nature and the environment. It also involves caring for your well-being by protecting yourself from environmental toxins and contributing to the well-being of the environment.
• Maintaining and improving the well-being and integrity of the natural ecosystems that surround us
• Recognizing our responsibility for the quality of the air, water, and land around us
• Making a positive impact on our homes, communities, and planet
• Creating sustainable human and ecological communities
• Harmony with the natural world
SAFE2SAY SOMETHING PROGRAM
As a school system, we are committed to creating and sustaining a comprehensive, coordinated effort to improve the overall safety and well-being of our students and staff.
This week we launched the “Safe2Say Something” (S2SS) anonymous reporting system. This program, which is mandated under PA state law, educates students, teachers, and administrators how to:
• Recognize the signs and signals of at-risk behaviors – especially within social media
• Take every sign and signal seriously; act quickly to get help by talking to a trusted adult
• Report it anonymously through the S2SS Office of the Attorney General 24/7 Crisis Center, mobile app, or website
• Respond to and manage the submitted tip via a school-based multi-disciplinary educator and administrator teams
• Sustain the curriculum and awareness via student clubs, in-school activities and call-to-action weeks
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District implemented a web filtering solution, secURLy in April of 2017. This solution was implemented to help keep students safe on their school-issued devices. With web filtering, cyberbullying monitoring, and self-harm alerts, Securly provides districts the eyes and the ears they need to maintain safety at all times, across different schools, and different devices.
To enter the Parent Portal visit www.securly.com
The Parent Portal contains three categories on the left from which you can choose:
1. Activity (shows a real-time audit trail of your child's online activity)
2. Flagged (shows posts made on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ that have been flagged by Securly as potentially related to self-harm or bullying)
3. Settings (allows you to control content on the device at home only)
Any Securly Parent Portal questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year, drivers illegally pass school buses nearly two million times. Each illegal pass-by could result in a tragic injury or fatality of a student. The inconvenience of an extra few seconds spent waiting for a stopped school bus is insignificant compared to the loss of a child's life.UCFSD would like to remind our drivers of the laws and safe practices to take when approaching a school bus.
Did you Know -
When you meet or overtake a stopped school bus with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, you MUST STOP.
When you approach an intersection where a school bus is stopped with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, you MUST STOP.
You MUST STOP at least ten (10) feet away from the school bus.
You MUST WAIT until the red lights have stopped flashing and the stop arm has been withdrawn before moving.
DO NOT MOVE until all the children have reached a place of safety.
For more information on Pennsylvania's School Bus Stopping Law, including an animated graphic demonstrating when you must stop, visit www.penndot.gov/safety
UCF Wellness Events